A new year. A time for new goals and a fresh vision. Sometimes I feel like it is hopeless to set new goals. I’m just going to fail. But the truth is, I only fail when I fail to try. Once again I will try. I must be diligent. I am planning to post a copy of my goals in the kitchen where I will be face with them every day.
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18
Word for the Year: Abide. I want to focus this year on abiding in Christ. Finding in Him my all in all.
“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; nor more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it will be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” John 15:4-8
Character Quality: Diligent ~ visualizing each task as a special assignment from the Lord and using all of my energies to accomplish it.
“Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.” Proverbs 22:29
Spiritual Goals: Grow ever close to the Lord.
- Bible Study – Finish studying and journaling through ESV Journaling Bible
- Bible Reading – read Bible in 6 months with Jeremiah
- Scripture Memorization – I want to memorize Scripture daily
- Scripture Meditation – Meditate on Scripture
Physical Goals: Focus is on being healthy not specifically losing weight. Thought this is a desired bi-product.
- Get dressed M-F including makeup
- T-Tapp – 14 day boot camp, 60 Day challenge, and T-Tapp consistently 3x a week, Total Workout
- Body Brushing – 3x a week
- Whole 30 for the month of January
- Drink 1.5 gallons of water daily
- Take vitamins daily
Mental Goals: Focus on challenging my mind and expanding my understanding of various subjects
- Read 100 books (approximately 8 books a month)
- Listen/watch 30 sermons
- Listen to 1 Podcast each week
- Journal about the happenings of each day
- Finish writing my book
Ministry Goals: Look to bless others outside of my home.
- Write 1 handwritten letter each week
- Email/private message 1 person each week
- Disciple one woman on a weekly basis
- Create a daily planner
Blog Goals: Use blogging as an outlet to express my ideas.
- Begin blogging 1x a week but work up to 3x a week
- Create a Podcast 1x a month
- Vlog 3 – 5x
Hobbies: Develope my God given talents and interests
- Learn 5 Chopin Nocturns
- Sightread through Trinity Hymnal
- Complete 2 crocheting projects
- Learn to embroider
- Take a herbal class
Marriage Goals: Develop a deeper relationship with Karl.
- Pray together daily
- Laugh with each other on a regular basis
- Be intentional about date night at least 1x a month
Homemaking Goals: Maintain a well ordered home. In obedience to God, honor my husband, bless my children and reach out to the world around me.
- Create and manage life out of my Proverbs 31 binder
- Be faithful in meal planning and having delicious healthy meals
- Maintain a well ordered home. This may not always be perfect but easily cleaned up
- Completely organize and declutter the entire house
- Keep Karl’s clothes clean, pressed and put away
Financial Goals: Be a good steward of the resources God has given.
- Do not exceed income each month
- Keep track of expenses
- Avoid extra purchases as much as possible
Family Goals: Giving the children a vision for people outside of themselves.
- Minister to someone/group of people each month
- Have supper one night a month highlighting a different nationality
- Minister at the nursing 4x
- Make a video as a family
Children Goals: Teach the children to be self disciplined a how to set goals and complain them
- Grow in their walks with God
- Continue to develop Godly character
- More detailed goals in school binder
School Goals: Give the children a love of learning.
- Be faithful and consistent
- Detailed school goals in school binder